Saturday 11 October 2014

Gone Girl | Movie Review

Gone Girl is directed by David Fincher and stars Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Carrie Coon, Neil Patrick Harris and Tyler Perry. It is based on the novel by Gillian Flynn and is about Ben Affleck, who comes home one day and his wife Rosamund Pike is missing. Through flashbacks and different perspectives the story unfolds and not is all as it seems.

Ben Affleck is great in the film, I never had too many problems with him playing Batman and I was always certain he would be the best Bruce Wayne yet, however I also think that he will be a pretty good Batman. But, he does not steal the show. Rosamund Pike, pulls off one of the greatest performances I personally, have ever seen. David Fincher knew exactly which order to show the events that happen in this movie. I haven't read the book, but the book will have to be really good to be on the same level of David Fincher, obviously most of the story telling came from author, Gillian Flynn, but the way Fincher executed everything was near perfect.


The film also adds a little bit of subtle comedy. It plays on the fact of how we, as a society, percieve the media and judge people, despite not knowing all the facts, most of the time knowing very little of the facts. I think it blends well due to it being subtle and very brief. It is one of the few times I have seen this aspect been pulled off in a film.

Yeah so overall I loved Gone Girl

I'm going to give Gone Girl

A+

I'm Jonathan and this is Movies for the People






No comments:

Post a Comment