Friday 26 September 2014

Frank | Movie Review

Frank stars Domhnall Gleeson, Michael Fassbender, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Scoot McNairy. In this film, Domhnall Gleeson joins a band and the leader singer, Frank, played by Michael Fassbender, is a person who always wears this huge head and never takes it off. He showers with it, eats liquid food through a straw and even sleeps with the mask on. I don't want to say too much about where this movie goes and how it unfolds.

Domhnall Gleeson plays a character who starts out kind of normal, and becomes a person who holds a certain amount of power in the band. The film shows what he does with that power. Maggie Gyllenhaal plays an absolute psycho whose character slowly develops, maybe not becoming any less crazy, but development nonetheless. Scoot McNairy is great as always and is sort of a transition for Domhnall Gleeson's character. Michael Fassbender pulls off one of the best performances of the year.


I absolutely adored this movie. I thought the writing was on point the whole time. It knew when to unleash it's comedy. It is really funny when it wants to be, and you really care about the characters when they want you to care about the characters. I found myself in particular, really attached to Michael Fassbender and Scoot McNairy. I love how as the film goes on, you start to doubt the quality of the band, however I loved the song at the end, just saying.

I'm going to give Frank

A+

I'm Jonathan and this is Movies for the People

No comments:

Post a Comment