Thursday 17 April 2014

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Movie Review

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a sequel to the 2012 Marvel film. This follows Spider-Man (Peter Parker) struggling to have a relationship with his girlfriend, Gwen Stacey (played by Emma Stone) after her fathers death. Meanwhile the new villain Electro springs onto the scene and Spider-Man is faced with a new challenge. I will not spoil the other two villains in the film but if you have seen the trailer you know but it would be better not to know even though die-hard comic book fans or even people who watched the original trilogy would know... but just in case.

This movie is extremely fun. It's a very funny and light-hearted movie with a witty Spider-Man portrayed by Andrew Garfield. The action is pretty cool and the opening scene is absolutely incredible.

There is one villain in the film that really bothered me because he is really goofy but I soon accepted the fact that the point of this movie is that it is goofy. Emma stone was brilliant in  this movie and she had nice hair. There are some supporting characters in the film that had me rolling on the floor laughing because of the dialogue that comes out of their mouths.

Dane DeHaan's performance as Harry Osborn was really good and I'm a big fan of Dane, I even leant over and told my friend when he came on screen that he was going to be brilliant. Emma Stone was of course brilliant however there was one particular scene in the first act of the film, where her dialogue was well written in a way but what she was saying didn't make any sense and she reminded me a little bit of Pepper Potts in the first half of Iron Man 3 (a little b****y) however aside from that one scene she was really good. My favourite part of the film was the back and forth between Peter and his Aunt May (Sally Field), that was where the comedy in the film was it's strongest, that and the dialogue between Spider-Man and whoever he is talking to. Loved Emma's hair.

If you can accept the cheesy parts in the film like I did and realise it is a comic book movie (which unfortunately some people I know couldn't get past it) and I really enjoyed the film for what it was trying to be. I swear if this film came out in the late 80's it would have been among one of the best superhero films of all time. The pacing was amazing, it was 2 hours and 20 minutes and went by faster than The LEGO Movie (which I really liked but I'm just saying as an example). I really like Emma Stone, she was really pretty and so funny!

And I don't like how in Australia the official title of the film is The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro. I feel it is a misleading title because unlike 1989's Batman, the central point of the film is not the villain and this film for sure focuses on Peter Parker and Spider-Man.


I'm going to give The Amazing Spider-Man 2

A-

I'm Jonathan and this is Movies for the People


In other news my theatre of course showed the trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past and I am dying to see this film, it looks amazing and the characters effects look a lot more cleaned up since we last saw them in a good film which was X-Men 2. Emma had really nice hair. Although Mystique, Magneto and Xavier was in First Class but for the most part we haven't had a good modern X-Men film since the first 2 directed by Bryan Singer so yeah dying to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment