Wednesday 11 June 2014

Blended | Movie Review

Blended is the latest film starring Adam Sandler. This film also stars Drew Barrymore and this is the 3rd film they have collaborated on. The plot to this film is that Adam Sandler lost his wife to cancer and is raising his 3 girls alone. Drew Barrymore divorced her d-bag of a husband and is practically raising her 2 boys alone. They go on a blind date and it goes horrible. Stuff happens and they eventually end up on a trip to Africa. They are unaware that each family is there and through events that I will not spoil, they end up being forced to do everything together.

Okay, I HATED Grown Ups 2 and Jack and Jill. I also disliked That's My Boy. This film has like 14% on rotten tomatoes and 6 on IMDB. I did not have very high hopes but I decided to tag along with my cousins and see this film and I ended up really having a fun time. I may be in the minority but with expectations as low as I had, it is impossible for me to hate on this movie.

Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore have amazing chemistry. This isn't something new though. As mediocre as 50 First Dates was and as awesome as The Wedding Singer is, the one thing all three of these movie have in common is that their chemistry is incredible. The dialogue they have with each other is really fantastic and the highest compliment I can give a film like this.

The story in this film is really fun. I was interested 100%, the kids had a really good story and overall everything was really fun. However my flaws are Terry Crews character and basically a lot of the characters in Africa. They are so wacky and silly to the point of nonsense just completely silly. Another flaw is I didn't laugh very much, however I was having so much fun with the story and characters, I didn't even see the film as a comedy after a while

Overall I am going to give Blended

B

I'm Jonathan and this is Movies for the People 

No comments:

Post a Comment