Saturday 7 June 2014

Batman Superman #1 (2013) | Comic Book Review

Batman Superman starts the series that combines the two most popular DC superheroes. The plot of this story has not yet been fully fleshed but both Batman/Bruce Wayne and Superman/Clark Kent are both going through some problems.

The biggest praise I can give this issue is the absolutely mind blowing, beautiful artwork. Both characters are given a fresh new look, Superman looks younger and you can tell Bruce Wayne's mental and physical plain just on his face. The landscapes and locations make for an even more incredible visual experience that the illustrator has created for us to enjoy.

The problem I have with this is the story in that there is none yet, not really anyway. We know stuff is going down but for the most part I was just hypnotised in the amazing illustrations. However, even though I am behind on this series, I am sure the story will become more fleshed out. The funny thing is, this story came out around the time it would have taken to create it after they announced they would be making Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.


I will give Batman Superman #1

8

I'm Jonathan and this is Comic Books for the People

No comments:

Post a Comment