Saturday 7 June 2014

Harley Quinn #1 | Comic Book Review

Harley Quinn #1 is yet another beginning to a DC New 52 story and it focuses on Batman villain Harley Quinn. In this issue, it appears Harley is trying to redo her life. She owns an apartment and needs a job because the tenant's rent will not cover the costs.

This story is mostly build up, but it is highly entertaining and I will go as far to say that I love this issue and will definitely be collecting the rest of these issues. The design of Harley Quinn is pretty amazing. It shows a likeable but wild character. And that is just her facial expressions. She has great dialogue and she (as she should) steals the show. She is by far the best character which is a flaw I have.

The other characters aren't really given much due to Harley's strong personality and it kind of isolates her which is a flaw because eventually this will get tired. So yes, Harley completely works as a main character but we also need more characters to match her incredible personality and dialogue. This can be easily fixed so I have hope for this only flaw I have with the issue with it otherwise being amazing


I'm going to give Harley Quinn #1

8.5

I'm Jonathan and this Comic Books for the People

No comments:

Post a Comment