Tuesday 3 June 2014

Jurassic Park | Movie Review

Jurassic Park is a movie that came out in 1993. It is semi based on the novel by the same name written by Michael Crichton. The film stars Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Richard Attenborough and Jeff (the man) Goldblum. The plot is that Richard Attenborough owns an island that contains dinosaurs and you just know things are gonna wrong.

This film is a classic and I have been wary going in to classics due to the fact on whether I will like them or think that they are over hyped by critical and commercial success. However I can say that I absolutely adored Jurassic Park. The acting by Sam Neill and Laura Dern is great but lets all face it. Jeff (the man) Goldblum steals the show as Dr. Ian Malcolm. The children in this movie are actually not annoying (surprisingly) and the way that they get circumstantially stuck with Sam Neill gives all three characters amazing character development. Also a moment of silence for the guy who *mild spoiler* gets eaten on the toilet

This film spans 2 maybe 3 days max which doesn't leave a lot of breathing room, however when the film does slow down, it does it so perfectly that the pace of the film is near to 100 percent perfect. There was not one boring moment in the film. It kept me entertained for every second of the ride. And yes, maybe some of the scenes wouldn't have been as amazing if it wasn't for Jeff Goldbum. Like I'm talking top 10 movie characters of all time.

Okay here we go, the special effects. They still hold up today. That scene were Laura Dern and Sam Neill are in the car and they look up and you see the dinosaur for the first time. Listen, I know what I'm about say might not make sense on a technical stand point. But that is, the greatest special effects (mixed with practical effects I'm sure) shot in film history. I'm also going to compare to the recent Godzilla film that just came out. But the dinosaurs altogether and the way that they get circumstantially stuck with Sam Neill gives all three characters amazing character development get about 10 minutes screen time but it is well spaced out and the characters are so amazing that you don't even notice the short amount of screen time these beautiful creatures get.

I'm going to give Jurassic Park

A

I'm Jonathan and this is Movies for the People

No comments:

Post a Comment