Sunday 15 June 2014

Justice League #1-5 | Comic Book Review

This may be old but I re-read my older issues of The New 52's Justice League and felt it necessary as I will be reviewing #6 and then the TPB's. The plot in these first 5 issues is mainly the team meeting and getting to kind of know each other. This also contains the tail end of Cyborg's origin, only because it crosses over with this event.

The artwork is pretty straight forward in terms of the setting. However the artist completely nailed the characters. Every single characters look impeccable. The dialogue between these characters is so witty. My favourite would be Green Lantern and Flash as they have a pre established friendship.

As the story progresses and more heroes join the team, you realise that their is an over arching story and in #4 the villain is revealed and unfortunately is younger and didn't realise the impact of this villain and by now it's common knowledge who the villain is.

There are so many panels that I could pick out from each one of these comic books and hang on my wall because they are just absolutely terrific. There is one panel that involves Green Lantern and Batman. All I will say is if you have read it, you know exactly what I am talking about. Overall this is just a really great story for the Justice League and I know it is only the first 5 issues and the story is about to get a lot more complex with Forever Evil but for know, it's a nice little story with an over arching sub plot that will eventually become the main focus

Justice League #1:   9
Justice League #2:    9
Justice League #3:  9.5
Justice League #4:  9.5
Justice League #5:  9.5

I'm Jonathan and this Comic Books for the People

No comments:

Post a Comment