Wednesday 4 June 2014

The Way Way Back | Spoiler Filled Movie Review



Okay, so I have previously reviewed The Way Way Back and I know that was enough for most people because it's not a film that many people have seen. But after seeing it for the forth time in less than twelve months, I just need to talk about this film in complete spoilers and all.
So beware spoilers ahead!

So Liam James is the star of the film despite the fact it is credited as Steve Carrell first, in reality the cast list should probably go:

1: Liam James (Duncan)
2: Sam Rockwell (Owen)
3: Toni Collette (Pam)
4: AnnaSophia Robb (Susanna)
5: Steve Carell (Trent)
6: Allison Janney (Betty)
7: Nat Faxon (Roddy)
8. Maya Rudolph (Caitlin)

So basically Liam James has a special relationship with each of these characters. My favourite one is the relationship he has with AnnaSophia Robb's character. She plays the girl next door and they eventually develop into a romantic-ish relationship. The next would be the one with Sam Rockwell. He basically changes Liam James life in a way he never would have dreamed. Honourable mentions would be his messed up relationship with Steve Carell and crazy relationship with Allison Janney.

There are so many scenes in the film that just blew me away and I'm going to list them below in order:

1. Sam Rockwell steps in front of Steve Carell to say goodbye to Liam James

2. AnnaSophia Robb kisses Liam James

3. Liam James runs away after they stop at the gas/petrol station

4. The 4th of July

5. 'He's cheating on you mum' Scene and also continuing to the farewell party



Yeah I stick by my A+ grade and this is in my top 10 best films of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment